Updates and information on COVID-19 protocols and the COVID-19 vaccine.
COVID-19 left lasting marks on the healthcare system including Covenant Community Care. On May 11, 2023, the federal government lifted the COVID-19 emergency declaration, but Covenant continues to require masking in our clinical areas.
We continue to offer COVID-19 vaccines. Here's what you need to know from the Centers for Disease Control.
- Updated COVID-19 boosters became available on:
– September 2, 2022, for people aged 12 years and older
– October 12, 2022, for people aged 5–11 years
– December 9, 2022, for children aged 6 months–4 years who completed the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine primary series
- Updated Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine also became available on December 9, 2022 for children aged 6 months–4 years to complete the primary series.
- CDC recommends everyone stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines for their age group:
– Children and teens aged 6 months–17 years
– Adults aged 18 years and older
- Getting a COVID-19 vaccine after you have recovered from COVID-19 infection provides added protection against COVID-19.
- People who are moderately or severely immunocompromised have different recommendations for COVID-19 vaccines.
- COVID-19 vaccine and booster recommendations may be updated as CDC continues to monitor the latest COVID-19 data.